25 October 2009

Fancy Footwear, dealers in all things spicy

I had a thought a few days ago that I would post an interesting photo on here every day.  This would keep people up to date on life here at Mojo, and also buy me some writing time when I'm lacking time or inspiration.  Well, I've already slacked on that idea, but I'll do my best..  Here are a few from a recent trip into town.


A local ice cream seller crosses the rickshaw stand in Madikeri.


Come to Fancy Footwear for cheap sandals and cardamom!  I really love this sign.  As part of my preliminary research here, I've been interviewing local shopkeepers about where they get their spices, the arrangements for retail and wholesale, and how they determine prices.  I haven't visited Fancy Footwear yet, but most certainly will.




This sign was painted outside a mosque in Madikeri in English and Kannada.  Nice message, don't you think?

1 comment:

Followers